Want to give a gift that lasts for a lifetime? Liz Covington is a watercolor artist whose repertoire is full of timeless pieces that make quality gifts for years to come. Art is a deeply sentimental and thoughtful gift, and Covington’s work is made with the spirit of giving in mind while crafting every piece.
Never purchased art as a gift for a loved one before? Here’s a quick guide to help you get started:
- How is their home decorated? Are their sentiments more traditional and rustic or sleek, modern, and unconventional?
- What does the recipient love most in life? What gives them happiness? Choosing art that relates to the things they love is not only thoughtful but also reminds them of the things that make them happy.
- Does the recipient have any favorite colors, patterns, or textures that might be present in their decor? This allows you to choose a thoughtful piece that reflects their personal tastes more clearly.
- Do they have a favorite artist or genre of art? This can help you find the perfect piece. Be subtle in asking about artistic tastes, so they don’t guess what you’re going to give them!
- If you give them a painting, where are they most likely to hang it? This helps you both determine a piece that harmonizes well with specific places in their home as well as choose a size that best fits their space and preferences. If you’re unsure what size to choose, a smaller painting offers more flexibility for the recipient.
- To frame or not to frame? If the recipient lives a ways away, you may feel conflicted as to whether or not to get the piece framed before shipping. If you’re unsure, you can always order an original or print without a frame and let them choose how they wish to hang it. Otherwise, sending framed artwork is quite safe and reliable nowadays.
If you wish to give a gift that can leave a lasting impression, consider the works of watercolor artist Liz Covington. For more information about Covington’s art, upcoming events, and merchandise, you can contact the artist directly at Liz@CovingtonWatercolors.com or follow her on Instagram @lizcovingtonwatercolors.